Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
All too often our clients have mold infestations that could have been prevented if the customer had only known what to look for. When a water damage occurs everyone looks for, and expects there to be mold growth. However, it does not take a water leak for mold to occur. Any moist area can eventually produce mold. That is why it is important to keep your home properly ventilated to reduce moisture, and to consistently check high humidity areas for musty smells or visible mold. It can hide under your carpets, in your windows, or pretty much any other area that is not often checked. Always remember though, if you do find a hidden mold patch to give us a call. We can help, and are always waiting to do so.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (866) 845-8897
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Zanesville / Cambridge for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Zanesville / Cambridge has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- New Concord
- North Zanesville
- South Zanesville
- Pleasant City