How to Save Money this Winter.
I dread this time every year. Not only am I ready for warmer weather, but also a smaller heating bill! I can not change the weather. However, I can provide you with some tips for lowering your heating cost.
- Buy a programmable thermostat. This way you can set your temperatures to automatically go down 5-10 degrees when you are going to be gone for a long period of time. You should also lower the thermostat while you sleep.
- Unplug electronics and appliances that are not being used.
- Block any breezy areas. You can use blankets or plastic.
- Routinely maintenance your heating system to ensure it is running at it's most efficient.
- Make sure all your register and air vent are open, and that nothing is over top of them.