Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Preventing Spring Rain Damage
Spring is just around the corner and that means so is the rain. Like they say, Spring showers bring May flowers. But Spring storms often bring flooding and storm damage as well. Here are some tips to help prevent Spring storm damage in Zanesville and Cambridge:
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts- this prevents clogging that will add weight to your roof causing roof damage and possible roof collapse
- Seal windows, doors, and roof- these areas are prone to heavy storm waters leaking through
- Search for cracks in your foundation- even small cracks in you foundation can cause major damage as water sits in the ground and seeps into your home
- Install a backflow valve in your basement to prevent sewage backup- when there are heavy rains, the city sewage system becomes overwhelmed often leaving you with the problem of backflow.
Hopefully, you don't have any issues due to Spring storms but if you do call SERVPRO of Zanesville/Cambridge at 740-844-0977. We are open 24/7 and always here to help our community!
Winter Has Arrived In Cambridge and Zanesville Today!
Ready or not winter is here! I don't know about you, but I am already chilled to the bone. In Ohio you never know what kind of winter we will have. I always hope for mild temperatures with a lot of white fluffy snow. It is the end of December. Not only does tomorrow mark the first day of winter, but it is also the shortest day of the year. So in translation that means you get to get in bed early and drink hot chocolate while snuggled deeply into a blanket. Right? Either way stay safe, stay warm, and enjoy the holiday season! Take the time to hug your loved ones, and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Merry Christmas from SERVPRO Zanesville/Cambridge!
Mold is More Common Than You Think Around Ohio
Mold is a fungi that can grow anywhere there is moisture. The best places to check for mold are places with high humidity. These could be areas such as your basement, crawl spaces, and your bathroom. Mold can grow on plants, fabrics, tile, even your wallpaper. Spores travel through the air, and can develop within as little as 24 hours, on damp surfaces. Unfortunately mold will not dissipate on it's own. No worries though because we can help at SERVPRO of Zanesville/Cambridge!
Our equipment is designed to dry the even hard to reach places. If you feel your home may have some mold, give us a call. We offer free estimates, and are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
What You Need To Know About Mold Outside Of Your Home
Did you know that here at SERVPRO we not only treat mold growth within your home, but also on the outside? It is very common for mold to start growing on the outside of your home. whether it be on your porches, garage or on your siding we can help. We offer power washing services along with anti-microbial solutions that can help to prevent mold growth. When we see an area that is effected we go in and stop mold in its tracks. We can even bring our own water source, if one is not available to us. Our truck mount allows us to take what we need, for any job. Inside or out. Our technicians are always ready to help keep you, and your family mold free.
We Are Here For You!
When you choose SERVPRO. You choose highly trained technicians that have been taught to not only perform services, but to perform them in a professional safe manner. Every customer is important and gets that extra special SERVPRO touch. Our employees take pride in the work that they do and want to help make some of the worst times in peoples lives better and more manageable. We not only work with you. We also work very closely with your insurance agents and adjusters. This saves you time, and of course usually a headache. We want our customers to sit back and watch us get their homes to pre-condition loss. Taking away and preventing as much stress as possible for them. We get in and out as quickly as possible. So your disaster can be a thing of the past!
Why Chose SERVPRO!
We are one of the biggest restoration franchises in the world. We have built an outstanding reputation for ourselves, and are recommended by hundreds of different companies all over the world. If you check your national accounts list for sub-contractors. There is a good chance our name will be at the top of the list. We were founded in 1967 and have grown to over 1900 franchises throughout the United States and Canada. Most of our companies are family owned and get involved with our communities. When you choose SERVPRO. You are not just choosing a cleaning company. You are choosing your child's team sponsor or a big contributor to your local fundraisers. You are choosing a part of your community. We will do everything we can to not only keep your business, but your trust as well! If you need help please call us at 740-844-0977.
Winter Preparedness for Zanesville and Cambridge
We received these great tips from the CDC on how to stay safe this winter and wanted to share them with you.
Prepare Your Home
Staying inside is no guarantee of safety. Take these steps to keep your home safe and warm during the winter months.
- Winterize your home.
- Install weather stripping, insulation, and storm windows.
- Insulate water lines that run along exterior walls.
- Clean out gutters and repair roof leaks.
- Check your heating systems.
- Have your heating system serviced professionally to make sure that it is clean, working properly, and ventilated to the outside.
- Inspect and clean fireplaces and chimneys.
- Have a safe alternate heating source and alternate fuels available.
- If you do not have a working smoke detector, install one. Test batteries monthly and replace them twice a year.
- Prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning emergencies.
- Install a CO detector to alert you of the presence of the deadly, odorless, colorless gas. Check or change the battery when you change your clocks in the fall and spring.
- Learn the symptoms of CO poisoning: headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.
Prepare Your Vehicle
Get your vehicle ready for cold weather use before winter arrives.
- Service the radiator and maintain antifreeze level.
- Check your tires’ tread or, if necessary, replace tires with all-weather or snow tires.
- Keep the gas tank full to avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines.
- Use a wintertime formula in your windshield washer.
- Prepare a winter emergency kit to keep in your car in case you become stranded. The kit should include:
- Cell phone, portable charger, and extra batteries;
- Items to stay warm, such as extra hats, coats, mittens, blankets, or sleeping bags;
- Food and water;
- Booster cables, flares, tire pump, and a bag of sand or cat litter (for traction);
- Compass and maps;
- Flashlight, battery-powered radio, and extra batteries;
- First-aid kit; and
- Plastic bags (for sanitation).
Take Precautions Outdoors
Outdoor activities can expose you to several safety hazards, but you can take these steps to prepare for them:
- Wear appropriate outdoor clothing: wear a tightly woven, preferably wind-resistant coat or jacket; inner layers of light, warm clothing; mittens; hats; scarves; and waterproof boots.
- Sprinkle cat litter or sand on icy patches.
- Learn safety precautions to follow when outdoors.
- Work slowly when doing outside chores.
- Take a buddy and an emergency kit when you are participating in outdoor recreation.
- Carry a cell phone.
We hope these tips have helped you and we wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! If you ever have any more questions or needs, please call us at 740-844-0977.
A Local Business That Cares!
Here at SERVPRO of Zanesville/Cambridge we understand how important our community is. We like to support our businesses by shopping local when possible, using local vendors and giving back every chance we get. SERVPRO is a flourishing franchise with over 1700 locations throughout the U.S, and Canada, but most of those franchises, like ours are owned by local people who care about their communities. We work with organizations such as the Red Cross, and local Fire Departments. We know that in order to keep a village strong we all need to work together. We are here in your time of need, we offer free estimates, and are available 24 hours a day. We know in order to grow building relationships is very important, without you our business can not strive, and for that. We thank you!
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Zanesville/Cambridge at 740-844-0977.
How do you know when your home has mold
When your house has mold, there’s more than the smell you have to worry about. Not only can mold cause an unpleasant odor, but it can also damage the integrity of your home’s structure and cause ill health effects. Mold can cause a variety of illnesses affecting the eyes, skin, lungs, heart and more. The most common indication of mold is a musty smell. However, there are many other signs your house has begun to grow mold in different areas. Learn more about spotting the signs of mold and what you can do to wipe it from your home.
Spotting the Signs
If you’re concerned that your house has mold, here are the most common and obvious signs to look out for:
- If you see black spores spreading on surfaces, it’s a sure sign of mold in your home.
- You’re always fighting cold or flu-like symptoms – Mold causes cold and flu-like symptoms, so it may be an indication that you have mold hiding somewhere if you’re sick way too often.
- You can smell a musty/damp odor – Mold smells, it’s one of the best ways to detect it even if you can’t see it.
- You’ve developed respiratory issues – Mold spores are airborne, when you breathe them in, they can find their way into your lungs and cause breathing difficulties or trigger asthma symptoms.
- You see uneven patches on floors or walls – If damp is finding its way into your walls or floors and causing bubbling under your paint, squishy floors, etc., then you almost certainly have mold growing there too.
If you suspect any of these signs, give SERVPRO of Zanesville/Cambridge a call at (740) 844-0977.
We Care About Our Community!
SERVPRO in general in a very community conscious franchise. We try to stay involved with our communities, and assist whenever possible. We often participate in local fundraisers. Donate to and assist our first res ponders whenever possible. We like to stay active in the community so they always know we are here to help. This year SERVPRO Zanesville/Cambridge has donated and sponsored several events. These included a stand at one of our county fairs, a 5k run for autism, and we sponsored a hole at a golf outing for the community. We do what we can to help whether it be a emergency disaster or something for the whole community. No deed to big or small for SERVPRO. We are just glad that we are able to help!
We Do It All!!
Some may wonder why SERVPRO? Well I am here to answer that question. SERVPRO technicians are trained to listen to and help homeowners in some of the worst time of their lives. We specialize in getting your home back to preloss condition. We try to restore instead of replace whenever possible to help cut back on the cost of home repairs. We have special cleaning solutions specifically designed to clean,but not damage your belongings. We address your concerns and know the customer is always right! We work closely with your insurance companies, and can help you understand the claims process and how it works. Documenting each step along the way to make everyone's job simpler. Big or small, wet or dry. We are always here to help!
A Business that Cares!
Here at SERVPRO of Zanesville/Cambridge we understand how important our community is. We like to support our businesses by shopping local when possible,using local vendors and giving back every chance we get. SERVPRO is a flourishing franchise with over 1900 locations throughout the U.S, and Canada, but most of those franchises, like ours are owned by local people who care about their communities. We work with local police stations, and Fire Departments. We know that in order to keep a village strong we all need to work together. We are here in your time of need, we offer free estimates, and are available 24 hrs a day. We know in order to grow building relationships is very important, without you our business can not strive, and for that. We thank you!
This summer has been extremely bad for mold. We have seen an increase in the number of homes affected by mold and to help out we are offering FREE mold estimates in our area. Our trained mold technician will come in and examine the problem area for free and provide a detailed estimate along with answering any questions or concerns you may have. We do our best to work around your schedule, because we know how important your time is. So if you think you may have mold. Do not hesitate to give us a call. We have special equipment to get in and get the job done without the risk of spreading spores to different locations throughout your home. We are able to contain it with a hepa-vac, and also have air scrubbers to grab any spores that may get away and filter them out appropriately.