Water Loss? What you Need to Know About Categories
When you experience a water loss it is important to stay out of the affected area as much as possible until you know what it is you are dealing with. There are typically three different categories of water damage.
- Came from clean inside water source
- Did not travel through debris or dirt
- Is clear
- Came from outside or has traveled through unsanitary environment (Flood, drain water)
- Water is clear or slightly cloudy could have visible debris in it
- Water has sat for prolonged period of time
- Water came from sewer or another waste water source
- Water is grey or black
- Usually has strong odor
it is important to know the category because that determines the type of precautions that have to be taken. Everything from the PPE safety equipment that needs worn to the cleaning techniques that need to be used. Dirty water can carry bacteria and cause severe health problems. If you are not sure what type of loss you have or even if you do. Give us a call and we will get you dried up and taken care of!